How to create milestones
To add reaching point to your projects, there are milestones. A milestone is always linked to a project, therefore, you can add one directly from settings of a particular project (see below).
Either way, to add a new milestone look for "New milestone" button. You will land on this page.
Here you choose the project (when creating it from a project, the project will be preselected). Add a name, description, status, category, date of the milestone, and choose the way of sharing:
- Not shared - milestone is used on a project where created.
- With subprojects - milestone is used on the project where created and all its subprojects.
- With project hierarchy - milestone is used on the project where created, its parents and its subprojects.
- With project tree - milestone is used on the project where created and all projects that have a common superior to any project.
- With all projects - milestone is used on all projects.
What is the difference in milestone statuses
An already created milestone can have one of these 3 statuses, which can be changed anytime in the milestone edit mode:
- Open: You can assign tasks to it, and it shows up on the roadmap.
- Locked: You can't assign tasks to it anymore, but it still shows up on the roadmap.
- Closed: You can't assign tasks anymore, and it doesn't show up on the roadmap.
How to manage global milestones
Besides the list of milestones on each particular project, there's also a global list of all milestones on all existing projects. To manage global milestones, you need to have the respective global permission (see below).
Afterward, you can go to More » Others » Milestones or append /easy_versions just after your Easy Redmine domain. Please note that using this list, you can even manage milestones belonging to projects you are not a member of. Use this feature with caution.